Friday, April 8, 2011

puppies'r'us

Today, we completed our first successful foster and sent Mustang on his way.  I imagine that there were plenty of folks out there that imagined we'd find a way or a reason to keep him with us (because that certainly wouldn't be unheard of!), but no -- as I type this, he is just a few hours away from his brand new forever home.  I'm going to get teary-eyed (AGAIN) if I start writing about goodbyes, but suffice it to say that he made a place in our hearts and he will be missed. 



We'd no more than gotten him loaded up before we started loading in four 9-month old puppies.  They are littermates and completely adorable and terribly shy...and  our only job for the week that we have them is to give them all of the attention that they can stand.  It's kind of hard to go wrong there!






Is it wrong to want to throw myself a baby shower?  'Cause I kinda do.  I mean, there's the obvious reason:  every animal that comes through this house gets a leash and a bowl and woobies and chewies and whatever their little hearts desire while they reside here.  Some of those things are recyclable and some of them are not and none of those things come cheap.  The not so obvious reason is pride:  I feel *proud* of what we're doing here; I'm *proud* of the progress that Mustang made while he was with us and I'm proud of these little girls for not chewing apart their soft crate after a hella morning.  I look at my sweet bottle-baby, Renny, and I think, "you are one of my greatest accomplishments."  I want to celebrate all of those triumphs and milestones with other people who *get it*.  Or....maybe I just want to see the look on peoples' face when I hand them a shower announcement.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. i am proud to call you two giving and caring souls my friends. Also, i love Chaz's shirt, haha! (If this comment has been repeated ten times, it's because blogger keeps screwing up for me. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete